Jordan Mowat is from Mississauga and is an Ojibwe from Alderville First Nation, ON, Born September 8th, 1994, Jordan’s music runs through both sides of his family. His father is a Blues Musician who has been performing well over 30 years. His father continues to spend his career mastering the Harmonica and training his raw, powerful, singing voice to emulate blues legends like Howlin’ Wolf. His mother is a talented singer.
At a young age, Jordan Mowat was making home-made drum kits out of pots and pans, using wooden spoons as drum sticks. He would rock to the tunes of AC/DC, Kid Rock, Steppen Wolf, The Eagles, and more.
It wasn’t until he was seven that he got his first drum kit for Christmas. He would continue to play for about eight years, until he moved to the guitar and discovered his voice. Throughout high school, he took vocal classes which helped him develop his vocal ability. He started writing his own music when he was seventeen years old, and has been writing music ever since. He loves to compose music, and his main goal is to make music that would leave people wanting more.
Learn more about Jordan Mowat:
- Open Mic Night Spring 2017 Photo Recap May 25, 2017
- NDA: The Piston March 30, 2017
- Holidaze – Open Mic Showcase February 10, 2017
- PILOT’s Success! February 7, 2017
- PILOT Series – Begins February 2nd @ The Piston January 21, 2017
- Confidential Records Snapchat September 15, 2016
- Down By Riverside at Lee’s Palace August 26th, 2016, with Astral Funk, Choclair and KC Roberts Band August 10, 2016
- Inna Powell independently releases “The Vanishing Act” June 10th, 2016 August 10, 2016
- MKSTN collaborates with TEA to cover Wicked Game’s “Don’t Want To Fall In Love”, new video August 9, 2016